There will be a new points test commencing from 16th November 2019. The major changes coming into effect is awarding extra 15 points for eligible people.
The new points test table will be updated on our website closer to the proposed date for changes.
New point award system is explained below:
- 15 points for applicants nominated by state or territory government or sponsored by a family member residing in regional Australia
- 10 points for applicant who is single or never married
- 5 points for applicant with spouse who has competent English. Competent English is defined as IELTS score of 6 in each band, 50 in each band in PTE or equivalent
- 10 points for applicant with spouse who has skills for skilled partner points (age and skills) and a competent English.
- No point added for applicant whose partner does not have competent English and Skills.
In terms of ranking of invitation for EOI lodged, the department has confirmed people with same point but claiming 10 points for partner’s skills or single will have same ranking.The applicant who has their partners with competent skills are ranked ahead with applicants who are not claiming any additional points.